The Nature Conservancy of Canada, or NCC, is Canada’s leading national conservation organization. A private, non-profit organization, the NCC partners with individuals, corporations, governments and other organizations to help protect Canada’s most important lands, waters and wildlife. Properties are secured through donation, purchase, conservation agreement and the relinquishment of other legal interests and are managed for the long term.
The Nature Conservancy of Canada leads and inspires everyone to join us in creating a legacy for future generations by conserving important natural areas and biological diversity across all regions of Canada.
Some of the NCCs values include :
- Durable conservation outcomes
- Evidence-based decision-making
- Respect for nature and people
- Integrity first
- Conservation through collaboration and cooperation
- Value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in their mission and in their workplaces.
- To promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone
Did you know? There are more than 230 at-risk plants and animals in Ontario (Ontarionature.org). The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) believes in the conservation of Canada’s land, water, fauna and flora. Their mission is to inspire everyone to help in maintaining natural habitats and biodiversity in Canada.
BUGS Fundraising Committee has been supporting the NCC for a long time. All of our proceeds go towards supporting their cause. With your support, we can help conserve nature in all its diversity. Please donate today. Thank you.